Welcome to the planning wiki for DAFxTRa 2008.
Our initial aims are the following:
- Propose several audio effects categories. Initial proposals: time-scaling, pitch-shifting, source separation, morphing, distortion effects and deconstruction.
- Select the categories for which there is a sufficient number of participants.
- Select sounds from Freesound.org to be used as test sounds for each category.
- Define the evaluation procedure for each category.
- Ask the participants to submit the transformed sounds (not the algorithms).
- Perform the evaluation both live at DAFx-08 and also online in Freesound.
- Publish the results of the evaluation.
The evaluations proposed for this year's DAFx conference have been postponed to better plan for next year. Instead, we will meet at the conference on Wed, Sept 3rd during the 17:30-18:30 slot to discuss the future of DAFxtra.
Ideas for Categories:
Here are some categories that we are thinking of running:
- Freeform Cross-Synthesis
- Freeform Non-linear effects/ Distortion
- Freeform Deconstruction
- Voice Conversion
These will change depending on who wants to participate and run evaluations. Some of the initial ones we have tabled for various reasons: Source Separation, superceded by SiSEC 2008, community-based source sep eval; Audio Coding, already done, but an important source for inspiration.
This wiki page is maintained by Graham Coleman